An A to Z of me

This challenge blog will remain available indefinitely. The linky tool is now closed and the comments box removed. However if you wish to share your work the Facebook group is still open.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Emotions Guest Post

Today I am pleased to welcome Rachelle Panagarry

Do you consider yourself to be an emotional person?  Which emotions do you struggle to control?  In what way do your emotions influence your creativity?

I’d say I’m a very emotional person, I can cry at the drop of a hat, but other than that, I’m just a regular girl/woman. I like the simple things in life.

This way of thinking has come about through the very ‘straight talking’ attitude of my father, who would often offer me his pearls of wisdom whilst I was growing up. “It doesn't matter how much money you have, or things that you can buy, you've just got to be honest, work hard and try your best”

Despite growing up wanting for nothing, due to the financial success of my step-father, I still loved the simple things, they were what impressed me – and still do.

This has really come to be true much more recently, my father is now gravely ill battling lung cancer.   In fact he is now living with me and I have put my career on hold to care for him.  But despite this terrible situation, this has been the most time I have ever spent with him in my entire life (my parents divorced when I was two), and this in itself is a gift, a simple pleasure. 

Of course it’s emotional and as you can imagine I’m sometimes a complete wreck, it’s like riding a rollercoaster that you know will stop with a crash, but it’s still special. This situation has opened my eyes again to really notice the small things around me, and to fully embrace the pleasure and emotional release that making art during his daily naps can provide me with. But most of all, this has made me realise that ‘I’m just a girl who likes to paint’.


Rachelle has a great quirky style.  She loves to teach and you can find her online courses on her website.